About 1 result
Advancing Parallel EVM: Parallel I/O via EIP-7650 and Intelligent I_O Preloading
ETHTokyoSep 18, 2024
We delve into two innovative strategies to maximize the advantages of parallel I/O. EIP-7650 (Programmable Access Lists) and Intelligent I/O Preloading. The video features a co-developer of QuackChain and a co-author of an EIP discussing the enhancement of blockchain technology to build a world supercomputer by improving computing, storage, and access. The focus is on parallel EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) and its ability to increase performance by executing transactions simultaneously and reducing IO (input/output) bottlenecks. Two strategies are proposed for optimizing EVM: programmable access lists, which allow smart contracts to specify the data they need preloaded, thereby reducing latency; and intelligent IO pre-loading, which automatically identifies common access patterns for efficient data retrieval. The talk also covers the potential of parallel IO strategies to significantly reduce gas costs for transactions and improve overall execution speed. The speaker suggests that programmable access lists are easier to implement than intelligent IO pre-loading due to the latter's reliance on more innovative approaches like AI. The video concludes with a Q&A session addressing questions about the feasibility and implementation challenges of these strategies.